24 July 2016

Sea Horse

Here's a fun card I SHOULD have blogged months ago when it appeared in Cardmaking, Stamping & Papercraft's Stampers' Anonymous stampers challenge. How cool is that blueprint seahorse? Amazing. As soon as I saw it I knew immediately what I wanted to create - a water colour image (heavy on the water) using bright neon colours. This is a very detailed stamp so I used a fine-tipped brush to place the paint accurately and prevent cross contamination of colours. Continuing the ocean theme, I splashed blue paint around the image (note - I used a mask to protect the seahorse) and layered fibrous mulberry and handmade papers to add texture. A lime green mesh bow tied it all together.

Stamp - Stampers Anonymous
Ink - StazOn jet black
Paper - white mulberry, blue hand milled
Card - Bazzill
Embellishments - glitter, ribbon, gold brads
Other - water colour pencils, paintbrush




No comments: