22 June 2016

Thank You

How nice it is to say 'thank you'. Nicer still to say it with a handmade card. To make this cheerful, kaleidoscope-of-colours card I used one of my favourite techniques, 'faux watercolour'. It never fails to produce amazing results. This time I stamped the smaller butterflies from the Darkroom Door set on sturdy cream card and then liberally sprayed it with water - enough so the inks started to run but not so much that the butterflies blurred and became unrecognizable. I then tore the card into strips, attached them to a bright yellow base card, and stamped a piece of vellum with the sentiment, which I attached to the card with staples. A pair of small glittery butterflies were the final flourish. Thank you for visiting :)

Stamps - Darkroom Door, Inkadinkado
Ink - assorted Distress, StazOn jet black
Paper - light green vellum
Card - Bazzill
Embellishemnts - Typo washi tape
Other - gold glitter glue, water spray bottle, stapler and staples




No comments: