22 August 2013

Look Up

As you know, Father's Day is just a few short weeks away. The current issue of Cardmaking Stamping and Papercraft features a Father's Day card gallery and this is my contribution to that gallery. When making cards for men, my philosophy is you can't go wrong with a distressed vintage look. Here, I used several layers of patterned paper, torn and creased to convey age. The stamped pocket watch and paper clip continue the vintage theme, as does the brown/green colour scheme. I can't say the glittery gold mustache is strictly vintage but I couldn't resist a hint of sparkle. Sorry Dad!

Stamp - pocket watch or clock of your choice
Ink - Brilliance graphite black
Paper - Kaisercraft
Card - Kaisercraft, kraft
Embellishments - Making Memories eyelets, Kaisercraft rhinestone, triangle clip, ribbon
Other - gold glitter glue, eyelet setting tool, hammer, hole punch




No comments: