29 December 2012

Darkroom Door / Helmar project - Stars and Stripes

A couple of months ago Rachel from Darkroom Door asked if I'd like to participate as a guest artist in a joint challenge run by Darkroom Door and Helmar. Of course I said yes! I received the most beautiful set of stamps and paper products in the mail from Rachel, along with several bottles of Helmar adhesives. The theme of my Darkroom Door products was New York - right up my alley! I decided to make a set of four cards using a combination of stamps, filmstrips, wordstrips and the montage sheet of black and white photographs. But first I had to paint the backgrounds - the stars and stripes of the American flag. This was done with canvas, paint, and a woodcut star. They turned out better than I imagined. I kept the embellishments to a minimum - unusual for me! - and then took a million photos of my creations. Hehehehe.

Pop by the Darkroom Door blog and have a look at the other beautiful projects!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Stamps - Darkroom Door
Ink - StazOn jet black, Distress vintage photo
Card - Bazzill
Embellishments - Darkroom Door wordstrips, Darkroom Door filmstrips, Darkroom Door photochips, Darkroom Door montage, ticket stub, buttons, flower, ribbon
Other - A5 canvas sheets, acrylic paint, old credit card, paintbrush





















1 comment:

Connie Mercer said...

awesome, awesome cards!!!! Congrats on making the DRD CT!! Looking forward to creating along side with DRD stamps!!